- The Kerala State has embarked upon an ambitious project named State Skill Development Project to equip its young population with skills in cutting edge sectors in order to effectively alleviate the unemployment problem in the state. The project combines both preventive (Additional Skill Acquisition Programme – ASAP) and curative approaches (Additional Skill Enhancement Programme).
- General and Higher Education Departments together implements the Additional Skill Acquisition Programme (ASAP) to amplify working hands in different sectors of the economy, by providing additional skill sets to students along with their regular courses. Additional Skills Acquisition Programme (ASAP) has been developed to impart sector specific skills to create a labour market ready work force.
- ASAP envisages development of skill programmes in three levels.
- The ASAP level 1 programme, which commenced during November 2012, is a combination of three courses, namely, Communication Skills in English, Basic IT and an Elective Domain Specific Skill Course. Level 1 ASAP Programme is of 300 – 330 hours duration, out of which 180 hours are devoted to Foundation Course that contains modules on communication skills in English and information technology. The other 120-150 hours are devoted to the skill sector chosen by the student for specialization. The focus of the foundation course is to develop soft skills that are essential to work efficiently in a corporate environment.
*Certificate in Accounting Technicians
*· NSE Certified Capital Market Professional (NCCMP)
*· Dental Assistant Course (DAC)
*· Certificate Course in Electronic Product Testing
*· Global Business Foundation Skills (GBFS)
*· Certificate Course in Junior Correspondent)
*· BSNL Certification in Mobile Communication
*· NSE Certified Financial Markets Pro
*· BSNL Certification in Optical Fibre Communication
*· BSNL Certification in PC Hardware and Networking
*· Certificate Course in Printed Circuit Board (PCB) manufacturing
*· Certificate in Printing Technology
· Certificate in Junior Rubber Technician
Mass Recruitment Campaign
*ASAP adopted an unique but unparallel strategy, a mass campus recruitment drive from 190 Arts and Science College and a campaign was planned under the title “Thousand Splendid Star”.
ASAP at Govt College Kariavattom
*Additional Skill Acquisition Programme officially launched in the State on 1st November 2012 and our college had the inaugural programme on 7th November 2012. Conducted a Vilambarajatha from the College to Kerala University Campus with the participation of students and teachers of the college on 6th November 2012.
Coordinator : Sri. Kumaresan. K, Assistant Professor of Computer Science