GOVERNMENT COLLEGE, KARIAVATTOM, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, KERALA – 695581
DEPARTMENT OF GEOLOGY
- The Department of Geology established at the College during the year 1993 as the Annex of the undergraduate wing of the University College, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Later during 1997 the college was renamed as Government College, Kariavattom and the Department became independent during 1998 when the undergraduate B.Sc Geography Course was introduced in the Choice Based Credit and Semester Scheme(CBCSS) with Geology and Statistics as subsidiary subjects.
- As complementary/subsidiary subject to the B.Sc Geography Course
- It follows the syllabus and course pattern prescribed by the University of Kerala.
VISION – To envision a global society in which geosciences knowledge is created, protected, managed and used for the good of society
MISSION – To empower students to achieve their goals by providing access to high quality and affordable higher education in Geology.
- Educate students at the graduate level to strengthen public recognition of the relevance of geoscience education
- Participate in and promote research and creative activities
- To equip the students for the competitive exams
|Professor||Associate Professor||Assistant Professor||Guest Faculty|
- Assistant Professor & Head
- Date of Joining Service
- Contact Number
- +91 9447342623
- More info
- Sabeen profile
SYLLABUS OF THE COURSE
- Semester I GL 1131 – Physical Geology and Practical I
- Semester II GL 1231 – Geomorphology & Mineralogy and Practical II
- Semester III GL 1331 – Petrology & Structural Geology and Practical III
- Semester IV GL 1431 – Stratigraphy , Paleontology & Economic Geology and Practical IV
- GL 1432 Practical
- Conducted a Symposium along with Dept of Geography on Dimensions of Geomorphology
- Organised an Exhibition GEO FEST 2015 with Dept of Geography