The internal administration of the college is vested in the Principal who acts in consultation with the College Council. The following Rules have been framed by the Government for the working of the College Council :-
- The College Council shall consist of the Principal, the Head of Departments of each subject of study and elected members from the teaching staff.
- The Principal shall be the exofficio President of the Council. The Council shall appoint one of the members as Secretary. The member so appointed shall hold office for one year but shall be eligible for re-election.
- The general administration of the college shall vest with the Principal subject to the control of the Director of Collegiate Education. Some of the general administrative work is done with the help of the Council under the general supervision of the Principal.
- All questions of promotion, true certificate and scholarship shall ordinarily be decided by the Council.
- The Council is empowered to report on any question concerning accommodation, instruction or rules referref to it by the Principal, but it shall not interfere in any manner with the general administration of the college which is vested in the Principal acting under the orders of the Director of Collegiate Education.
- All cases of serious misconduct on the part of the students attracting punishments like forfeiture of their term certificates or their removal or expulsion from college shall be dealt with by the Principal ordinarily in consultation with the College Council.
- Meeting of the council shall be convened at such times as the Principal may consider necessary. He/She shall also convene a meeting when required to do so by the Director of Collegiate Education or on written requisition of not less than two of the members.
- Not less than three days notice of the meeting shall ordinarily be given to each member. The notice should ordinarily be accompanied by the agenda paper.
- It shall be the duty of the Secretary to give notice of the meeting of the Council to keep a record of the proceedings of such meetings and to forward a copy of the proceedings of the meeting to the Director of Collegiate Education through the Principal.
- The Principal, or in his/her absence, the senior most Professor present shall take the chair at all meetings of the Council.
- Not less than a majority of the members shall form the quorum and all questions shall be decided by a majority of the votes of the members present. If the votes including the votes of the Chairman are equally divided, the Chairman shall have a casting vote. The Principal may overrule the decision of the College Council but in such cases he/she shall make a report to the Director of Collegiate Education setting forth his/her reasons for doing so.
- The Chairman shall be sole judge of any point of order. He/She may call any member to order and shall have power to make any action as may be necessary to enforce his/her decision.
- The budget shall be framed by the Principal in consultation with the members of the Council and forwarded to the Director of Collegiate Education.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in the foregoing rules it shall be competent to the Principal to dispose of any matter which should ordinarily be disposed of by the Council.